About Me

My photo
My House, TN, United States
My name is Jami Billings Jones. I grew up in Collierville. I married my best friend Russell Jones. He is my whole world. We have been together 8 years, and married 6 1/2 yrs. I have three beautiful children Cayden 5, Madelyn 4, and Jaxson 6 months old! I have a wonderful family and some of the best friends. We have lived in Oakland for 6 years! My husband has a great job with Stanley, and I am currently a stay at home mom while I am in Nursing School. I love God, he is center in my life and marriage! I couldn't ask for more, I truly am blessed!

Monday, January 3, 2011

God, Goals, and Grand Expectations for 2011

Everyone sets resolutions, and over 3/4 of people fall through on them. Well, I dont want to be apart of those 3/4 this year.

Russell and I started out 2011 with positive loving attitudes to one another, and people involved in our lives. We dont want to be downers on anyone, not even our selves. We have goals that we want to accomplish together.

One of our goals is to have stronger relationship with God individually and together.
1 Corinthians 8:3, "But whoever loves God is known by God."

We want to be forgivers. We want to love others no matter what has been said or done. I use to think forgiving someone was giving in, making them right....WRONG! It doesn't make them right or justify what they have done, it releases them into God's hands so HE can deal with them.
Mathew 6:14-15, "For if you forgive other people when they sin againest you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Mathew 5:44-45, "Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven.

We want to make our marriage stronger, and make sure it doesn't have any cracks for evil doers to make their way in.
1 Corinthians 7:3, "The husband should fulfil his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband."

We want to be better parents. We want to make sure our children are following God, and know his love.
Isaiah 54:13, "All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace."

We want to plants seeds of love, joy,peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control.
Galations 5:22-23, "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law."

We want to be surround by the right Godly friends, not undesirable friends.
Proverbs 13:20, " He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed."
1 Corinthians 5:11, "I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is SEXUALLY immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extoritioner-not even to eat with such a person."

We want wisdom to make the right decisions.
Proverbs 11:2, "When pride comes, then comes shame; but with humble is wisdom."
Proverbs 1:5, "When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you, to deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things."

We want to only speak sweet, Godly things.
Proverbs 16:24, "Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."

We have a meeting with our realtor this weekend to discuss the things that need to be done to get the house ready to be put on the market next month. This is a big step for us. We love our house and neighbors, but a big concern Russell and I have out here is the schools. We want a good education for our children, and the standards we have are not being met out here. Our schools lack alot. Our next big choice to move back to Collierville which is our hometown and most of our friends and family is or take the leap and move to Nashville. We are praying that the Lord guides us in the right direction in our move.


All of our goals/resolutions are achievable, because all things are possible with God. Im praying that all our goals/resolutions are met this year. Im going to reach for the moon. Our pastor once said if you dont have hope for relationships to be restored, faith in God to do anything, and love to give....you have nothing! I dont want nothing, I want it all!




Hope you all have a blessed 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Background

google6ba1ef745598d160.html