About Me

My photo
My House, TN, United States
My name is Jami Billings Jones. I grew up in Collierville. I married my best friend Russell Jones. He is my whole world. We have been together 8 years, and married 6 1/2 yrs. I have three beautiful children Cayden 5, Madelyn 4, and Jaxson 6 months old! I have a wonderful family and some of the best friends. We have lived in Oakland for 6 years! My husband has a great job with Stanley, and I am currently a stay at home mom while I am in Nursing School. I love God, he is center in my life and marriage! I couldn't ask for more, I truly am blessed!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Say a prayer please...

As a mom, I'm sure all moms have said this my self included,"I will never let that happen to my child!" I try to be extra pre-cautious, however accidents happen. When Cayden was one he broke his arm not once but twice. It was the worst feeling ever to know he had a boo boo I couldn't kiss and make better. Maddie luckily didn't have any major boo boo's! Jaxson on the other hand has a bad boo boo. He is 15 months old, and quick. I was in front of him yesterday when this accident happened. I tried everything in my super mom powers yesterday to prevent this from happening. I am still in a state of confusion on how this happened. What I do know is that he is one tough little guy! He cried for a split second. And when we were at Methodist Lebonheur yesterday he smiled and laughed.

You would have never known anything was wrong with him if you couldn't see it on his face. As the nurses strapped him to a board and cleaned and peeled skin off his face he laughed and smiled. I on the other hand cried. The nurse asked me if I wanted a sticker. As a nurse in progress I can handle things like that, but not with my own children. Yesterday I went blank. I had so many questions and couldn't recall any of the information I had learned. Very disappointing to say the least.

I heard many times, don't beat yourself up things happen. Yes they do, but not to my kids is what I was thinking. As a mom to two boys I know this is one of many boo boo's! Please pray for my little guy. He has first, second, and third degree burns on his face.






This picture was taken just a few minutes after the accident. No tears all smiles!


















Daddy had to hold him, mommy was in shams. The tears never ceased.






Once his drugs kicked in, he was wired and so funny! He was all over the place. There was no keeping him down.











This was taken last night. The pain medicines make him act goofy. The laughs are very much needed. He is such a sweet baby! This boo boo hasn't stopped him one bit!

Please pray for this little guy. He has a road of recovery ahead of him. We are praying for no infection and very minimal to no scaring!



This is the little guy this morning ;(

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy!! What a trooper though! It is so hard to have these things happen to our kids but it is for sure--accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up about it! Prayers definitely going up for his quick and perfect healing! =) Btw, he has the most precious grin!!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Background

google6ba1ef745598d160.html